Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Starbuck's New "Pike's Place" Brew

A friend of mine at work got me a card from Starbucks yesterday (when they were giving out free cups of their new brew 'Pike's Place') that allows me to get a free 'tall' cup of their new coffee every Wednesday until the end of May. Perhaps you saw news items about this promotion.?

It's supposed to be a less bitter coffee and likely trying to garner more customers. Targeting people like me who hate their bitter brew. So I got a free cup today to try it and it's nothing special. It's certainly a great alternative if you're at Starbucks but it tastes like any coffee you'd get in a street corner bodega. But I'll continue getting it free as long as the promotion lasts.
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well stay on alert, because apparently they are going to run more promotions.(not sure when?)

I was reading an article on how they eliminated the breakfast sandwiches because ppl stated that Starbucks no longer had the scent of coffee, but that of a McDonalds...I am not big on Starbucks, too pricey..but if it's free-why not? lol!

Genjer Leigh said...

I will only take starbucks if it's free! They charge way too much. I like their frapaccinos and such but the calorie count is entirely too high - to match their prices.