Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I Made the Call to the ASPCA

I made the call to the ASPCA this morning regarding returning 2 of my cats (Arecibo and Azucar) and they said that since I got the cats from the ASPCA I could drop them off at any time. Otherwise, they only take new cats on Tuesdays. So I am going to drop them off on Sunday.

I feel bad about returning them because there are so many cats in need of homes and these cats will have a hard time being placed. I am going to tell the ASPCA that Arecibo really shouldn't be adopted out - he is to traumatized by humans and everything makes him nervous. He'd be happiest staying in the ASPCA. He likes small rooms and no contact with children. Azucar has her trust issues but she is perfectly adoptable. She loves to get pet while she eats (which makes me think she was in the shelter for a long time), she'll let you pet her (but on her terms) and she likes to sit on a human's lap once she's established a certain amount of trust. Though she'll never be OK with being held.

I am going to be so happy to only have one cat. I hope that my allergies calm down and am able to keep Nova. Crossing fingers!
.

No comments: