Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Running Out of Korean Dramas to Watch

Sad, but true, I think I'm on the last Korean drama (K-drama) that Netflix has to offer. ::sigh:: I just got through watching "Goodbye My Love" and the last one I'll have to watch (see photo) is "Shoot for the Stars". I'll have to join some K-drama 12 step program to be weaned from my addiction.

I had e-mailed Netflix a while back with a list of suggested titles for them to buy. Maybe at some point I'll see an increase in K-dramas?? The problem is that K-drama DVDs are so expensive - that's probably why they don't have too many. On YesAsia.com they cost anywhere from $95 to $150 just for one series - and YesAsia.com is probably the most affordable way to buy K-dramas.

I wish they had carried more that featured Kim Jeong Hoon (aka John Hoon) - he's such a cutie. :) And I know he's done a lot of K-dramas. I've searched him on YouTube.com and a lot of people have posted segments from these dramas. Only problem is no English subtitles in these postings. :(

One interesting I noticed about the K-dramas is when any of the few shows that had a white person in it they were an obnoxious person who didn't speak Korean and was giving the Korean person a hard time for not speaking English, as if they expect all Koreans to be able to speak it. I guess this means that it's not uncommon for English speaking people to live in Korea and not speak the language. But why would you move to Korea and not make a concerted effort to learn the language?

I think I am going to start working my way through Korean movies and see how that goes. lol But it's not going to be easy 'cause most of the movies Netflix carries from Korea are horror, action or period movie/martial arts ones. We'll see how it goes.
.

No comments: