Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Nova Adjusting to Being Sole Cat

Nova has been clinging to me since the other 2 cats have gone. He is always on the couch with me sleeping. Sometimes he'll lay right next to me trying to initiate a petting session. His new thing is he meows for me to go over to the scratching board to pet him. I guess he likes the combo of getting high on cat nip and massaged/scratched at the same time. Ahhh now that's the life!

What I never noticed about him due to the fact the other cats ate like pigs, is that he's not a major fan of wet cat food. He likes to lick the gravy off and some food might get eaten. But he doesn't eat much more then a teaspoon at a time, at best. If you give him more the rest will just get left there to dry and crust up. And if the wet food has no gravy at all - he'll have nothing to do with it.

I got him a few toys to play with to pass the time when I'm gone but he broke it the first day. I had this bird hanging from the doorway for him to at around. He loved it so much that he chews the elastic until the bird came off. But he does still play with the string that dangles there.

It's too early to tell if even having just one cat is going to be too problematic for me. We shall see. Hope I can keep him - he's a sweetheart.

.

No comments: