Monday, April 7, 2008

2 Cat's Down and 1 to STAY!

I dropped of Arecibo and Azucar yesterday. It was a relatively painless process - I didn't know what to expect but I expected something more involved then what was actually required of me. All I had to do was fill out a paper asking questions about the cats' behaviors, etc. and that was it. The most "difficult" part of the process was the long-ish train ride I had to take into Manhattan to do it. I was a little disappointed that I did not get a chance to tell them all I went through to try and keep them re: taking allergy shots, etc. So they would see that I didn't just irresponsibly adopt 2 cats and bring them back when it was inconvenient to have them.

When I got home, Nova wouldn't let me come near him for the first hour. I think he thought he was going to be the next to go. He seems to be adjusting to his role as sole cat pretty well. He's even started sleeping differently, normally he lays outstretched on his side but now he sleeps curled up in a ball looking happy and cozy.

A friend of mine was not too happy about my giving them to the ASPCA because they do eventually put cats to sleep if they don't get adopted after a while. But when you adopt from the ASPCA they require you return them to them if you decide not to keep them. Also, it doesn't bother me if cats are eventually put to sleep, as long as it'd done humanely and there is a real effort to get the cats adopted out. There are just so many cats who need homes - it's basically mission impossible to find homes for all of them. All you can do is try your best.

It feels wierd not to have them around - the apartments feels a little emptier. Jazzmin is already asking if we can get a second cat - 2 cats wouldn't bother me the way 3 did. But I did my darndest to squash any glimmer of hope that it would happen. Jazzmin is EXTREMELY persistant when she wants something.

I called the allergist today because the medicine samples she gave me were not working. I spoke with her assistant and am awaitng a call back. Hopefully the next meds she give me works! Would love to know what it's like to go to Tae Kwon Do and not have asthma be an obstacle to my doing well in class. As it stands now sitting in one place I am feeling the effects of asthma. It's crazy.
.

No comments: