Friday, April 4, 2008

Memoriam for Mom in Newspaper

I saw in the death notices in a NY paper that they had a small chunk dedicated to a memoriam for anniversaries of people's passing. Wanted to do it for mom and dad. I already contacted the Concord Monitor about pricing. I was thinking of putting:

"Beatrice Pineo Holloway - 18th year in heaven. Greatly loved and sorely missed. Love, Jennifer"

I was thinking of putting it from Brenda, Vallerie and Hillary also but I don't think anyone would be cool with not putting Gendron as her last name. I have zero interest in putting Gendron as her last name.

Here is the photo I am going to use (unless you have better):
I have to let them know if I'm going to do this by Monday - April 14th. I'm going to think about it.

9 comments:

Tipa said...

I think it's a fantastic idea, but why not just do Beatrice Minerva Pineo and not make the decision which married name to use?

Genjer Leigh said...

True. So are you intersted?

Tipa said...

sure! how much is it?

Tipa said...

oh, Battlestar Galactica returns to TV tonight, so if you call I may sound distracted and just go "uh huh" a lot.

Genjer Leigh said...

$40 total for a 2"W X.5"H inch space.

Genjer Leigh said...

I have tae kwon do tonight from 8-9pm. So maybe I won't have opportunity to call while your show is on.

Hillary said...

I do not share your same dismissive feelings regarding the name "Gendron." Mel made mom incredibly happy, and she had not been happy for a very long time. With his support, she was finally able to quit smoking and to start her own business. He took care of her every need while she was sick, and was at her bedside when she passed (who else can say that?). Just something to keep in mind. You may not appreciate much about Mel, but he was very important to Mom. The "Gendron" in her name is the reason she had a very happy final 7 or so years of her life.

Memorial announcements are for the living, no question about it, so it is more for you than for her. But I am sad to think how hurt Mel will feel when he reads it written that way. After all, he actually lives where the announcement will be distributed. I wonder what Aunt Betty and Uncle Lester will think that Mom is being memorialized as an unmarried person.

Hillary said...

Oops, meant Aunt Edna...

Genjer Leigh said...

I guess I just have a different perspective on the situation.