Friday, February 1, 2008

US Version of "IT Crowd"

The creator of the show "The IT Crowd" wrote a blog entry about the fate of the US ver. of the show. This is from back in October - a lot has likely changed due to the writer's strike - it just may have saved the fate of the show on American television. I hope so!

Unfortunately he has to Americanize the show - he explains in detail in his blog entry what those changes entail. I wish Americans could enjoy it as is - but I know he's right about needing to change it to have mass appeal in America.

Apparently they have a German version of the show! I tried to find a clip of it on YouTube - but no dice.

2 comments:

Tipa said...

I loved reading the original article. Great find.

Can't wait for season 3...

Genjer Leigh said...

I like the last bit where he says:

"Finally, the show is intended to be funny above all else, and the model is ‘Seinfeld, so no hugging, no learning. No ‘warmth’, except in that casual everyday way that friends are warm to each other, (something that ‘Seinfeld’ captured so well). Once again, no hugging, no learning.

6. Just to reiterate…


No hugging, no learning.

Try not to have any hugging or learning.

Avoid hugging, and equally, learning.

Neither a hugger nor a learner be.

Hug ye not, and neither learn ye.

Thou shalt not…oh, you get the idea."

I was going to put it in the original post but I figured I'd be the only one who found it kind of amusing.