Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I Got My Medical Massage!

I decided to give the medical massage a try today because my back was bothering me from my workout on Monday night. To me it just seemed like that office was a hustle or something. But then again I have never been to a chiropractor before, so maybe it's just that. But it felt like he was looking to find something wrong with me so it could be covered by my insurance. Like he said maybe the knot in my upper back could have something to do with my rotator cuff. Really all that was wrong with me is I had a hard workout and it strained my muscles and made them sore.

So anyway - he prescribed physical therapy and manual massage 2-3 times a week. Of course, I am not going that many times - that is a bit much. But I did end up signing up for another appt. this Friday and to go once a week for the entire month of March. All I have to pay is $10 a visit. After that I am just going to only go when a workout has caused my back to hurt me.

The massage was good - she pressed really hard at times but I was OK with it, whatever it takes to work the knot out. She massaged me for 30 min (I think - maybe less?) and then another person came and moved this ultrasound wand over the effected area. Then he did some electrical thingy - where they hooked you up and you could feel a prickily senstation which then turned into a massaging feeling. The entire office visit took 1.5 hours - which is far longer then I expected. But it felt good and my back is better, for the most part. I would say it's 85% better.

I think the best massage I've ever had (not that I've had so many) was one I got in Chicago (or suburb there of) at Val's sister-in-law's salon. After that massage I felt soooo good! :)

No comments: