Thursday, February 21, 2008

Medical Massage Covered By INSURANCE!

I found out from a co-worker of mine today that our insurance covers 90 medical massages a year! All you have to do is pay a $10 co-pay. Can you imagine? It's one thing if you have a specific injury and you need to be rehabilitated. But just for the heck of it? It seems a bit much for the insurance to cover such an expense. But, hey, I'll take it! For sure! Next time I am aching all over from grappling - I'm signing up for an appt!

My co-worker already has a place she goes to on a regular basis. So I don't even have to research a place to do the medical massages!! Cool!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you tell me what the name of your insurance company is? I am a licensed massage therapist in Houston.

Debbie

Genjer Leigh said...

It's a little shady how they do it, at least I think. They have a doctor check you out to desperately try and find some medical reason to justify your being there. And then the massages are charged as physical therapy. I stopped going there because I felt like I was participating in insurance fraud. Don't know if it was fraud but it just felt wrong to do it.