Monday, February 11, 2008

The Tax Refund Cometh....

My federal refund was direct deposited on Friday! Yea me! I went to this furniture store (Levitz) on Friday night to scope out couches since the whole franchise is going out of business and they were having amazing sales. When I got to the store I had to dodge tumbleweeds blowing through the showroom inbetween the scarce odds and ends of furniture. Needless to say, my venture was fruitless. Then I went to the near by Jennifer Convertables - and while they had nice couches, they weren't cheap enough to fit what I'm willing to pay.

After the "sticker shock" set in - my inner-cheap skate reared it's ugly head and I then decided to get a replacement futon mattress for my couch. I decided that I'd be just as happy with a replacement for my futon mattress, preferably one like Dawn got this summer. So today I purchased the futon mattress as well as a new box spring/mattress set for my bed from 800-Mattress to be delivered next week. I already have Tuesday off 'cause Jazz is out of school - so they'll be delivered then. Now I just need to get a a cover for it.

I bought a few things over the weekend that were on my list of things I wanted, such as those storage bags you vaccum the air out of. Could really use them for my winter blankets and clothes when I put them away during th warmer weather. Got Jazzmin new shirts at Old Navy (all at 40% discount) - they actually came in her size of 'string bean'. I couldn't believe how narrow the shirts were - feel bad for parents with average to husky children. Will be hard to fit them in Old Navy. I also got her sneakers at Payless. And, lastly, I got new pillows - part of a never ending quest to find a pillow that stays firm and doesn't flatten out after a month of use. I have to have my head propped up to a certain level, otherwise I don't sleep well and sometimes even get headaches. I know these pillows must've been good because I was in such a sound sleep that I slept through my alarm this morning! Fortunately I still had time to get ready for work.

And, yes of course, I am spending plenty of $$$$ on paying bills. :)

No comments: