Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Jazz's Glasses & Connecticut Excursion

I brought Jazzmin to the optimologist on Friday to find out if the dizziness from reading was due to her need for glasses. The doctor did a very thorough exam and concluded that Jazzmin has perfect vision. She said that Jazzmin's eyes are probably just tired from 'over use' due to the extra reading in 4th grade. Something her son also went through. She prescribed reading glasses for Jazzmin and said that the problem should eventually go away. Here are the frames she chose - but the one she chose purple not brown.

After that we were on our way to CT and arrived there around 7pm. While at Brenda's we played rock band (gave our characters much needed make overs). I tried to play on the hard level for a few easy songs and managed not to fail out of most of the songs. But I still have a ways to go to play on hard regularly. Brenda and Jazz did a few of the projects from the physics set she got for christmas. I took pictures with Brenda's camera so as soon as she sends them to me - I will post them. She learned about velocity and gears through the projects.

We went to see the doctor seuss movie - the channel 7 entertainment guy raved about the film. But the movie wasn't all of that - could've waited to see it on video. But at least Jazzmin enjoyed it. I think Brenda enjoyed it too.

We went home on Sunday and thankfully I took Monday off - I hate to go to work the next day after arriving home late the night before. Jazzmin's Grandma Simon picked her up in the afternoon so she could watch Jazzmin today. Her grandmother offered to keep her for the rest of the week and I agreed. Will be good for Jazz to spend time with her - since she gets to see her so rarely. Hopefully there are enough activities at her grandma's so she won't be bored.
.

1 comment:

Tipa said...

D'oh! Forgot about those pictures. I'll send them when I get home.

The movie was okay. The middle bit stretched on and on a little unnecessarily -- but how else could they pad a very short book to movie length?

Some bits at the beginning of the movie had me thinking it would depart from the book, but aside from some tangents (yes, we must always have a wise-cracking sidekick -- in this case a striped mouse), it was pretty much what I expected, with the addition of a lot of repetition. Yes, people in the jungle and in Whoville think Horton and the mayor are insane. Repeat half an hour of them being considered insane by everyone else.

I can't say I agree that Jazz should have glasses; eyes have muscles too, and glasses that encourage the eyes not to use their muscles could be making a problem where there is none.

I'm not an ophthalmologist, though, so I'm likely wrong about this. Still, though.