Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Double Dippng, Gross?

I never heard of double dipping or there being an issue with doing so until I moved to NYC. It's considered really gross and people will cease eating the dip if the see somebody double dip. There have even been articles and studies dedicated to double dipping. And if people are so worried about getting germs from sharing dip, why not provide tiny bowls to put dip for each individual?

Personally I think it's a bit much - when have you ever heard of a whole party of people getting sick because somebody double dipped? Aren't we equally at risk in getting people's germs if they cough on something (which we are unaware of) and then we touch the object after the fact? Or worse yet if somebody doesn't wash their hands after going the bathroom and we shake hands with them? I would think sharing dip is the least of people's concern. There are so many ways germs can be passed, yet we humans still survive as a species. We as humans are constantly passing germs in so many ways - and in far worse ways.

Your thoughts?
.

1 comment:

Hillary said...

As far as I can tell, this concept didn't exist until there was a Seinfeld episode about it.

I always rotate my chip before going in for more. I agree, people way overdo it on this!