Monday, June 30, 2008

Taekwondo Sparring & Commercial Shoot

Friday was my first attempt at sparring in Taekwondo. And I must admit, I was not even remotely good. Though I did have the impediment of my chin guard not staying in place compounded with the asthma issues as a partial excuse for my poor performance. After the class I figured out how to adjust the chin guard though. I had a tight chest pain even after I arrived home from my asthma because of sparring. Odd thing about how my asthma reacts when I spar and grapple (wrestle) - I don't feel out of breath until I stop doing the activity instead of during.

Saturday they conducted a commercial shoot at Taekwondo - I participated only in the Gumdo portion. I didn't really want to do the commercial at all 'cause I am not photogenic - but I did it to ensure females were represented. I didn't do the Taekwondo portion 'cause I thought the female aspect had been taken care of. But the day of the shoot the girl who said she was coming didn't show up. Oh well. As the moment grew closer for me to participate, I got nervous. And then when I realized that knowing the terminology factored heavily into participating (only just started Gumdo), I was even more nervous. But I hung out in the back row and just did my best to follow along. It's not that I didn't know what the moves were - I just didn't know what they were called. I was supposed to get a terminology sheet but never did. Will have to remind him when school commences.

The commercial will air on a number of Bronx stations - I wonder if I'll be visible in the commercial? Probably not - but we'll see.
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty cool! I hope you are visible in the commercial. :) YOur famous! :)

Genjer Leigh said...

I hope NOT - I'll likely look like a mass of white coming out of my shirt. With no evidence re: where my neck ends and face begins. Oh the problems with being so pale.