Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Summer is Here!!

So Jazzmin had her dance recital on Sunday (Brenda will post video soon on youtube), Brenda and Dawn were also in attendance. Upon finding our seats for the show I found out the seating chart they showed me when choosing the seats was utterly wrong. I ended up in practically the same seats I had last year, seats I was trying to avoid. Why, you may ask? Because they are right in front of the speakers. Apparently the people producing the show don't feel the music is loud enough until the audience is bleeding out the ears. Fortunately I had forewarned Dawn of the potential noise and she brought ear plugs.

2 hours after the show started and just after intermission ended, Jazzmin's class finally came to the stage to perform. Jazzmin did very well - esp. considering they had made changes at the end of the routine a week before the show - and she was absent from that class. So she had to learn the new ending the day of the recital. Fortunately we were able to leave right after her performance and not be subjected to another 2+ hours of deafening music.

After the show it was a mad dash back to my apartment to pick up Jazzmin's suit case and my cat Nova. Nova is staying with Dawn for the summer (at the very least) and was taking the trip with them to NH. I sprayed a little Feliway spray on a paper towel and put it in the carrier, as I did when bringing Nova to the vet, and put him in. I felt confident that he'd be as calm and sedated as he was when I had to transport him to the vet while traveling to NH. But, sadly, that was not the case. Apparently his pupils got tiny and he left his mouth open in between meows. Brenda said she's never seen such a terrified cat. I felt so bad for Nova - poor thing.

When I called Dawn the next day I found out that Nova had taken refuge in his litter box and wasn't coming out. At least Jazzmin is there so he doesn't think he was completely abandoned. I'll call in a few days to see if he's doing any better.

My apt. feels so empty without Nova. He would always sit in the doorway of the bathroom when I was getting ready for work, etc., he'd always come up on the couch to get affection or lay on the back of the couch to hang out with me and every night (without fail) he'd come up on to the bed just as I layed own and gave me love paws. It was like a nice kitty cat massage for me.

Well, I hope it's all worth it and my asthma goes away with Nova gone. I already vaccumed the couch and my bed. This weekend I am going to wash all the floors and clean the air purifier filter so there are no residual cat hairs stored up there.

Next week the tae kwon do school is closed - but after that starts my intense workout schedule. I'll be at the school 5 days a week and taking about 7 classes. I am on a mission to lose weight. It's going to be hard motivating myself to do it but I am going to try my best. I just have to keep telling myself that it's only for 2 months.
.

No comments: