Thursday, June 12, 2008

Gumdo is Low Key

I took my first Gumdo class last night - I was hoping to have my cool uniform but it hadn't come in yet. :( It turns out that Gumdo is pretty low key and not necessarily a workout to suppliment Tae Kwon Do. Gumdo is more skill based then athletic.

I'm still going to do it for the summer, esp. since I'm contractually obligated to. It'll be good to do just for the experience even if it doesn't contribute to my weight loss.

I've decided to take the kick boxing class at the school this summer - that's an additional 2 classes. And I know, for sure, they do a good workout. I'm going to take this, not only because Gumdo isn't a workout, but because it turns out that they're not going to have Saturday classes this summer. Apparently the kids' classes are very empty during the summer and the 2 adult classes on Saturday are not insentive enough to stay open. Taking Saturdays away is taking a workout from me - so kick boxing will help make up for that.

I am determined to go all out this summer to lose weight - am going to do everything I can while I have the opportunity. I am also going to go on a diet. I already make an effort to not go crazy with the junk food and watch what I eat, but I am going to followed a structured diet this summer. It's by this doctor who helped run "Celebrity fit club" - wanted to try and see if it works!

Today I have my echo cardiogram - so hopefully after this I can get treatment and start recovering from my asthma issues. Then it will be easier to take the classes this summer and I'll be more inclined to go during the school year. Can't wait to get this asthma thing resolved!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: