Monday, June 16, 2008

Jazzmin's Other Half Sister

Jazzmin met her other half sister, Deja, this weekend. Jazzmin didn't know about her, I didn't figure there was much reason to tell her since the little girl lives in Indiana. Deja is 8 months younger then Jazzmin.

Deja is here visiting and staying with Jazzmin's Grandma Simon so I thought it was finally time to tell her about her other half sister. At least now Jazzmin is older - I thought this was a better time to let her know of her other sibling. Jazzmin spent the weekend with Deja and is staying with her Grandma until Tuesday. She said she wants to spend as much time as possible with her sister. The only reason she wants to come back Tues. is to spend time with me prior to leaving for the summer. Otherwise I'm sure she'd prefer to stay the entire week with her newly found sister.

I think it's cute that Jazzmin seems attached to her sister already - I guess it helps that they are the same age. I don't know what Deja looks like but she's also half white like Jazzmin, so perhaps they look very similar. I'll report back if there are any special stories of their time together that Jazzmin relays.
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww that is sweet! It's nice that she is conscious of her time. :) When does she leave for Chicago?(I am assuming that is where she is going.)

Genjer Leigh said...

She's leaving this Sunday. First she is going to NH to stay with my step-mother for a couple weeks and then she is going to Chicago. My sister Val is driving to NH and then driving back to Illinois.