Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Went to Pulmonary Doctor Today

I went to the pulmonary doctor today and she said that it would take until about October before I feel significant difference re: my asthma due to the cats being gone. She said it takes a long time for the proteins, etc. from the cat to be gone - even with cleaning. So I still have to suffer with my symptoms at this point (still taking the same asthma meds).

She was concerned about my blood pressure - it's always been on the high side of the normal range. She said that shouldn't be the case, esp. since I exercise on a regular basis. She wants me to go see a cardiologist about it and eventually wants me to go on high blood pressure meds. But she wants me to see the cardiologist to get his analysis before doing anything. She said that problems with the heart can also cause shortness of breath and maybe the blood pressure thing is adding to my breathing issues.

So I am going to the cardiologist next week. Let's see what he says. I am not happy that I will have to wait until October to feel normal again. Hopefully I actually DO feel normal by then.
.

No comments: