Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Mascara 12 Step Program

Sephora is evil. It calls to me with the perfume wafting from the open doors as I exit the subway to go to work everyday. Merely a pleasant scent? Or is it a mind controlling substance devised to get me to spend my money there. I guess we'll never know for sure.

Lately my thing has been mascara. I've tried 5 different kinds in about the past 4 months - thankfully 2 of those were samples. So far Dior Show (waterproof) mascara is my favorite. And judging from the Lorac sales person's facial expression (as she rolled her eyes at the mere mention of Dior Show) - it's most other people's favorite too.

Today I went to buy yet another tube of mascara to try out. I like Dior Show but still wonder if there is something better out there. I use Lorac concealer and foundation so I went to their part of the store - which is where I found the Lorac sales rep. standing next to the Lorac display. I was originally set on buying the fiber mascara (actual fibers that cling to your lashes to make them longer) because I've always wanted to try that kind. But when the Lorac sales rep sought to help me I asked her which one would make my lashes the fullest - and she said their original formula. I was going to walk away with just the original one but I really wanted to try the fiber mascara too. So I went back and got that also.

It begs the question - why do I like 'playing with' mascara so much? Answer: I have no idea. It's not like anybody else notices when I'm wearing a different mascara brand. I just want to find the one I like best. Here is what I've tried:
  • Smashbox - bionic (came off during the day)
  • Dior Blackout Mascara (came off during the day and not waterproof)
  • Blinc Kiss Me Mascara (small, thin brush - I can't use that kind, lashes come out stuck together or just looking bad)
  • Sephora's Mascara - forgot which one (clumps when put on as if mascara were old and has thin brush)
  • Diorshow Mascara (waterproof) (Like it - no issues)

Ohhh I'm such a girl - a post about make-up.
.

No comments: