Tuesday, July 22, 2008

2 Hour Workout

Well, I survived my 2 hour workout last night - 1 hour of Taekwondo and 1 hour of Gumdo. The taekwondo session was moderate - 25-50 of each warm up exercise (push-ups, jumping jacks, crunches, mountain climbers, squat touch, etc.). The rest of the class was spent going over curriculum because there were a few people (myself included) who had to prepare for our belt test this Wednesday. Doing curriculum isn't particularly taxing so the class was doable. Gumdo is never that bad - just get through the warm ups and then do the sword forms.

Unfortunately I have to take two classes on Wednesday too. First I have to take my belt test - which will be done during class. And then after I have to go to Gumdo because they're doing tip testing and I don't want to miss that. Next week, no doubling up on classes. Maybe I'll alternate weeks of doing extra classes, as it is - I already do 5 a week. Doing 6-7 classes in a 5 day period is a lot.

There was this little 8 year old girl in my Gumdo class last night - her brother was in the class and so she was allowed to take it instead of sitting around waiting for him. She takes Gumdo with her age group - so it's not like she doesn't know what she is doing. She is so tiny - she's the size Jazzmin was shen she was 4 years old. She is very cute - but the reason I love her is because she asked me, "Don't you have a little sister that goes here?" She was referring to Jazzmin. I told her no - that was my daughter. And she was like, "Oh!" She just assumed I was Jazzmin's sister - now if that isn't a compliment, I don't know what is!!
.

No comments: