Monday, May 12, 2008

My Mother's Day = Jazzmin's Day

Jazz and I had decided earlier in the week we were going to see the movie "Baby Mama" on Mother's Day. Then there was some mix up with regard to the deposit I made on Jazzmin's birthday party (yes, am having it way after her actual b-day - go figure). So we had to schedule a detour to Chuck E. Cheese. Jazzmin decided she'd try to make it an excuse to get more "face time" in with her best friend Aaliyah. They have been best friends since kindergarten (5 years). And yes, Aaliyah is the same age as Jazz (actually a few months younger) - she is just tall.

So I agreed. It was a nice day out. "Baby Mama" was very funny - one of the very few movies that kept me laughing throughout, highly recommended. Then we went to Barnes and Noble so Jazzmin could spend the gift card Aunt Hillary got her for her birthday. She got a Klutz art project and a book instructing on cartooning. The 'lovely' cashier asked my 10 year old daughter if she wanted to buy a Barnes and Noble member card. Sorry kid, not so much.

Then it was off to kid heaven, Chuck E. Cheese. I got them $10 worth of tokens (50) to share and then we ate pizza there. The pizza was good but way too small - my tummy was still growling after 3 slices. Why did Jazz and Aaliyah insist on eating - they have their whole lives ahead of them to eat. I wanted that pizza all to myself. Of course - I was too cheap to buy more.

From the time we left our apt. to the time we finally got home - it was 7 hours of running around. My legs are still sore from all the walking.

<span class=
<span class=
<span class=
<span class=

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love pizza! I would be saying the same thing... hehehe! Looks like they had a great time. Chuck E. Cheese is a fun place :)