Monday, May 19, 2008

Pulmonary Test Results

My pulmonary tests came back as my having pulmonary hypertension. Or should I say, the results sheet faxed to me yet not explained by my doctor states that as diagnosis. But then the contents says some other results being normal. I'm confused. I faxed the results to my general practioner so she can tell me what the results mean. I've called 4 times to the doctor's office with no call back from the doctor.

I've looked up Pulmonary Hypertension in Wikipedia and it's a little scary. Hope my general practitioner can gets back to me and clarifies things.

I have an echo-cardiogram scheduled for June 12th - so we'll see what happens after that. I don't know if I am going to stick with this doctor. Not only due to her lack of response and directly relaying my pulmonary results - but it turns out she is one of the few doctors at the facility I go to that isn't an "in-network" doctor for my insurance. I got something from Blue Cross stating that they're only paying a portion since she's not in-network and I'm going to end up paying about $170 for the one consultation visit I had with her.

In the 10 years I've gone to this facility - all the doctors there have been in-network, I was never advised that I'd have to double check this info. ::sigh::
.

No comments: