Monday, May 5, 2008

First Class Back at Tae Kwon Do Saturday

So I finally took a taekwondo class since all the drama from asthma. It was as light as a class could be - and by the end I was feeling worn out. I took my emergency inhaler before class - as always. I was able to do the warm up just fine (25 each of jumping jacks, push ups, mountain climbers, up and downs and squat thrusts). Then after that all we had to do was practice or forms for the rest of the class as there is to be tip testing next week.

During the last 20 min. of class I was starting to feel really drained, like I had really done a workout when I didn't. I did have to take another hit of my emergency inhaler halfway through class. I wasn't extremely out of breath but I felt discomfort. For the duration of the weekend my bronchial tubes felt sore. Strange, huh?

Also, my body is feeling like a rusty robot since I took the Prednisone. Hopefully that is something that will eventually go away.

I think I am going to limit myself to just Saturday classes until my breathing issues are resolved. If this light class was hard on me - the regular class will be impossible. Even if he gives a hard class next Saturday - it's less of a pain to compensate for my issues 'cause the class is small.
.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best cure of asthma is exercise. You're def. on the right road!

Best of Luck :)

Genjer Leigh said...

Thanks ;) But I've been working out 3-4 times a week for 2 years and it doesn't seem to make my asthma any less bad. Despite the hard work outs. Ah well.

ASRAMA PUTRA SMP BRUDERAN PURWOREJO said...

I have asthma too. i joint taekwondo 6 years ago and i feel that i have no asthma anymore...
but i did not do hard exercise...very slow and take time.
now i am feeling well too.

Greeting from Indonesia

Genjer Leigh said...

Well, I recently found out I may not even have asthma at all. Turns out I have silent acid reflux - silent because I don't feel the reflux. But it damages my throat and causes it to swell up, making it difficult to breath. And exercise aggrivates the situation too. After three years now I know why asthma medicine never completely.