Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My Foray Into Making Empanadas!!

I wanted to try and make empanadas because they're a food Jazzmin loves to eat and they seem easy to make. My first attempt a couple weeks ago wasn't great as I had thought pie dough was used to make them but soon found out that wasn't the case. They tasted good but they weren't empanadas.

So this weekend I went to the frozen food section because I seem to remember pre-made empanada dough being sold.... and I was right! So I finally got around to making them last night. As you can see directly below, it worked out great and they taste yummy!


But it took a few tries before I got it right. Figuring how much to put in so it wouldn't be too much, trying to get the ends to stay together (as pushing them down with a fork didn't work on it's own) and I had to figure out how to get them into the frying oil without it sticking to the spatula.

.

No comments: