Sunday, January 27, 2008

Tax Refund on the Way!

I finally got my W-2 from my job on Saturday. I'm really excited because this means I will be getting my refund soon. What's great is my job let's us use Turbo Tax for free and this year e-filing will be easier since last year's return is already saved in the Turbo Tax system. I'm not sure how fast e-filing will get the money to me - but it's gotta be better then anything else.

Most of my money is going to go toward paying off bills. I am also going to buy a new box spring and mattress. I inherited the bed I have now from my daughter's grandmother - and when I got it 8 years ago it was already 25 years old. Will be great to get ride of the saggy, creeky old thing.

I will buy some things fun for myself - I need new clothes, both for office and for home. Jazzmin needs clothes too. She also needs a new taekwondo outfit - the one she has now looks totally like high waters. Maybe next year I'll get a couch. We'll see.


*************UPDATE***************
Mon., 1/28/08

Just e-filed my taxes this morning (didn't want to risk doing it at home with my unreliable dial-up connection) and it turns out that I should get my refunds by NEXT FRIDAY (2/8/08)!!! Yeah me! Broke days are over (for now)!!!

No comments: