Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Kim Jeong Hoon aka John Hoon

While watching the Korean show "Princess Hours" I started to research the actors because I liked the show so much. Turns out that one of the actors is a famous singer in Korea and all over Asia. His Korean name is Kim Jeong Hoon but in Japan he goes by John Hoon.

He is actually very good with his R&B vocals. In his Japanese songs he throws in English verses so at least you'll understand some of it. Next time I have some extra moola - I plan to by a couple of his Japanese albums.

Below are some videos of his - take a chance and listen to them. You may not understand all the lyrics - but you will still enjoy the song. I tried to get Brenda to listen to his music but she wasn't open to the idea. :( I guess she's aware of the rare phenomena of instantly bleeding out the ears and going deaf if one tries out new music in a foreign language.


"SAD SONG" BY JOHN HOON


"SIRUS" BY JOHN HOON

3 comments:

Tipa said...

He's the one who sings that Japanese song at the end of episode 4, right? I liked that one a lot.

Anonymous said...

There is a song called "parrot" he does for Goong. You can search that on youtube. There is also a duet called "Perhaps Love" - I think he is the male on that song but I don't know for sure. But it probably is him.

He's very talented. And when he sings some verses in english - he does very well. You don't notice a Korean accent.

Anonymous said...

This one sounds okay.