Thursday, September 25, 2008

Asthma going away?

Isn't it amazing how I could find clip art of a girl who looks just like me? lol Since Saturday I've noticed that I am able to do more during my workout. For example, I can do 50 jumping jacks without stopping where as before I'd have to stop after ten and then continue. Last night I jogged 10 laps in class instead of having to go at a slow pace. This makes me hopeful that my asthma is going away!!


But I've had a period of time before where I felt I was getting better only to have it go back to how it was. Though this time is different because I've never been able to workout like that with my asthma. I was thinking about it - my pulmonary doctor said it would take about 4 months before I'd start to notice improvement (re: from the time I gave Nova up). It reminded me that I am also feeling the affects of the 2 cats I got rid of in April - so that means in August is when I should've started to improve from not having them around. Maybe I am feeling the affects of those 2 cats not being around and next month will be even better (when predicted I'll start to feel better without Nova).


I am crossing my fingers that I do finally make a full recovery from asthma. I'm afraid that it's going to be a permanent thing - though I know it's an irrational fear. I can't wait to feel what it feels like to be normal again - it feels like forever since I've felt 'normal'. I will be so happy to be symptom free!


And an added bonus is I'll get in shape faster since I'll be able to do more during my workouts since I won't have asthma hindering my performance. Yeah!
.

No comments: