Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Jazzmin's Chipped Tooth

I don't know how many of you remember Jazzmin chipping her 2 front teeth in 3rd grade (see photo). But she re-chipped 1 of them today in schoool - only the part the dentist had put on previously came off. Or so I'm told.

Jazzmin's grandmother is going to pick her up from school - I have a dentist appt. for tomorrow. This is the absolute wrong time for her to chip he tooth because I am ultra broke. I called Dawn and asked to borrow money to cover the cost of fixing her tooth. I'm fairly certain that it costed me about $125 to get both teeth fixed, so I'm guessing fixing one tooth will be about $60. And this dentist doesn't bill - it has to be paid up front. I hope everything turns out OK and the fixing of the tooth costs the same as it did last time.... or cheaper?

I called my insurance and at least Jazz's dentist is still in-network. I couldn't remember the name of wha they did to fix her teeth last time so I don't know how much it's going to be covered. It's either going to be covered 50% or 80%.

This whole incident stresses me out.
.

2 comments:

Hillary said...

so sorry to hear about Jazzmin's teeth and about the strains. It will be nice when it's all in the past!

Genjer Leigh said...

Thanks. I'm glad (lucky) Dawn is able to help me out. I always seem to be so broke from Sept. thru Dec. due to all the costs associated with school starting (general fee $200, uniform, backpack, supplies, etc.) and then when I get caught up with that I have to start buying presents for Jazzmin.