Friday, October 24, 2008

Holy Halloween Batman!

This weekend I have to bring Jazzmin to 3 different Halloween parties in 3 days, starting tonight. Sigh. So much for a restful weekend. But... she doesn't get to go trick or treating so this is the extent of her Halloween celebration. The only other thing we're doing is going to a haunted house on Halloween. So I feel obligated to try and make sure her Halloween is fun by going to all the parties.

The reason she doesn't trick or treat here is because all the kids do are go from store to store and collect candy. Stores leave out a bowl and they dive in. Doesn't exactly capture the spirit of Halloween. I refuse to participate in such a tacky, unfestive revised tradition of Halloween.

Of course, I could bring her door to door trick or treating in apartment buildnigs but I'm not going door to door wondering which one is going to be be the weirdo or serial killer. There are plenty of good people in my area but the element of surprise where there is potential for dealing with the crazies doesn't sound appealing to me.

Incidentally, Jazzmin is going to be Queen Amidala from one of the Star Wars movies - the character Natalie Portman played. It's a girl costume yet it's sporty - just how Jazzmin likes it. She's not really into the girly costumes like barbie, cheer leaders or the like.

No comments: