Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Affect or Effect?

Remember last year's science fair project where you guys were very vocal about how I should've put Effect instead of Affect on her triptych? Well this year I made sure to put Effect and not Affect but Jazzmin's TEACHER made her change it to Affect with an A.

I asked Jazzmin if she wanted me to write a note to the teacher letting her know that Jazz had it correct the first time, Jazz really doesn't want me to do that.

It doesn't matter so much anyway, she got above a 90 on the grade and was one of the 3 chosen to actually participate in the science fair. The teacher made everybody do a project for the science fair but only chose the best to participate.
.

1 comment:

Tipa said...

Affect is almost always a verb. Effect is almost always a noun. The exceptions are fairly uncommon.

"The teacher affected an air of nonchalance when the lack of air effected a change in the brilliance of the special effect."

Clear as mud :)