Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I've got those no-good-redeployment-blueees! Oh Yeeeaah!


We got the news at my job that next week they'll finally be telling us who we'll be working for and what title we'll be working under. If you are made to only work for Partners then you'll be an Executive Assistant and if you work for solely Directors and below then you're a Team Assistant. Oh sure, they say that one is no better then the other - but I can't help but believe that the salary cap for an EA (working for Partners) isn't a bit more then a TA. It's all about the $$$$ for me - that's why I go to work. I'm not believing the hype, EA is likely better and so an EA is what I want to stay. Plus it'll be nice to work for less people (right now I support 11 ppl), EAs will only be supporting 3-4 Partners.
I am optimistic that I'll get to stay an EA but still can't help but worry about being put as a TA. I also wonder if I'm going to support new people or the same people I always have. I don't want new people - what if they're jerks?
Oddly enough - when they hand down the news they're going to have 2 EA managers and a Partner from the company present. Are they expecting some mass show of emotion and perhaps somebody will go postal? I'm not quite sure why so many people need to be involved.
Well, wish me luck!
.

2 comments:

Hillary said...

I hope you get the job you want!! Keep us updated. Also, how's basketball going for Jazzmin?

Genjer Leigh said...

Thanks. :) She is loving the basketball practice twice a week - she loves to stay active. They've designated her as guard. She's had only 1 game so far and her team won by 2pts. The coach gave everybody a chance to be on the floor. She was told to stay on the ball, i.e. keep the opposing team away from it so her team could get it. She has another game this Thursday which Grandma Simon is bringing her to (otherwise I'd have to take off from work as it's an away game). Her season is short - ends in January.