Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Change in Title at My Job

I just found out that they're making me a Team Assistant instead of Executive Assistant. The primary difference is I'll be working for Directors and Managers instead of Partners. All along they've been telling us the roles are compareable with just a different focus. But come to find out Team Assistant is a 3N rated jobe whereas an EA is a 4N. I guess in the end it doesn't really matter because it was explained to me that if I reach the salary cap for the 3N that they'll give a lump sum instead of a percentage raise.

They gave me this song and dance about how proactive I am with a strong skill set as well as the ability to multi-task and because I'm so compitent I'm bing "rewarded" with this lower rated title that they've been telling us for so long was compareable to Executive Assistant. Kind of hard to believe they think so highly of my skill set when they're giving me a 3N job down from the 4N level I had.

Another bad point is Directors and below give very little at Christmas time where as my Partner was good for $500 every Christmas.

On the upside I don't have to work for this annoying Director I have, on the down side I don't know any of the 15 people I've been given to support and could get somebody worse. 3-4 of the Directors I'll be supporting are female and female bosses aren't the greatest to have. It's just a fact that it's not uncommon for them to be inconsistant with expectations so you're always trying to guess what they want. And female bosses are less inclined to curb their tongue and they make snarky, rude remarks. Let's hope the females I'll be working for aren't like this.

.

1 comment:

Tipa said...

Sorry to hear this, Jenn. At least be thankful you still have a job. Even though they pulled this crap on you.