Monday, July 6, 2009

Here today, gone tomorrow

Jazzmin is coming back today from her trip to Disney World. She called me often while she was there - she wanted to call me everyday but her Grandmother didn't let her because she had just spoken to me the day before. But I did speak to her every other day. It seems to bother Jazzmin more this year then past years to be seperated from me. She really wanted to go to Florida and is looking forward to going to Aunt Vallerie's and Grandma Holloway's but still is a little sad to be without me. It's nice to be missed. ;)

Talking to her on the phone just underlines the fact she's turning into a young lady. The way she is able to carry on a conversation, express herself, etc. In away it's a little sad to see the little girl part of her drift away. But at the same time I'm looking forward to seeing the woman she becomes.

Tomorrow is her flight to Illinois - oh joy a nice long trip to the airport. Don't be jealous. I always feel ill at ease watching her go on that plane alone and am anxious until I her from Val that she's arrived safely. This is the part I like the least about her going away for the summer.
.

2 comments:

Hillary said...

So crazy how time flies. I was looking at photos of you as a kid -- I still remember you as my two year old little sister. These are the professional photos where we had to place our hands just so to cover up all our scrapes and bruises! I hope Jazzmin has a good adjustment to her new school -- that will be such a big deal!

Genjer Leigh said...

I'm trying to think of my earliest memory of you is... I do remember that MJ's Off the Wall was your first record and we bought it at Kmart. Also remember the christmas mom accidentally labelled both the earnie AND bert puppets to you so we had to decide who got which. You kept changing your mind so finally I put a bunch of Js on Earnie's shirt so you couldn't change your mind again. hehe I also remember the tear stained note you sent to me through mom when I broke my arm. Aww weren't u sweet :)

I am not worried about Jazzmin's adjustment to the new school. Kids are drawn to her in every new situation. She's a very confident, friendly and outgoing girl.