Sunday, June 14, 2009

Ovarian Polycystic Syndrome

I got all my additional blood and saliva test results back last week which were to rule out rare conditions, so we can be absolutely sure what I have is Ovarian Polycystic Syndrome (aka PCOS). So now we're 100% sure that it's PCOS and nothing else. My doctor called in a prescription late Friday afternoon so I couldn't pick it up on Friday, but it should be ready by now. I don't remember the name - all I can tell you is it starts with the letter "M" and has been in use for a long time, so a lot is known about the medicine. This should resolve all my symptoms and have the additoinal bonus of possible weight loss (Yay!). I'll be really glad if it actually does resolve all my symptoms. I also wonder if the PCOS might be having an effect on my asthma - after all hormones effect everything in your body. We'll see.

Now all I need is to find out the results of my follow up ultrasound. That should be interesting since the technician asked me if my intitial ultrasound was done at a professional facility. I wasn't aware there were bootleg radiology facilities. I thought they pretty much all were professional and full of certified people??? I'm wondering if this means she found something other then what the prior results did. Who knows. Should be interesting.
.

2 comments:

Hillary said...

so I just have to point out that Dani did call it and she didn't even give you an exam! :o)

Glad you are on a good path medically!

Genjer Leigh said...

Well, given it's a very common condition the odds were in her favor lol. I remain very thankful that she was willing to give her input to help ease my stress.