Sunday, June 14, 2009

End of the School Year

One more week of school for Jazzmin. One more week of having to take a train to the school bus and the extra time going to her school to pick her up and then take two buses home. No more montly tuition and all the extra fees that come up throughout the year. Of course her afterschool program next year will be a little more, but I guess that's OK. I'm also saving up for my trip to Korea next year so most of my extra money will be going toward savings. I'm hoping to have all the money saved up by February, going to save what I can til then and then use my tax refund to make up the rest. After that I have to save up for spending money in Korea - I don't know if I'll ever go again so I want to be able to buy whatever I want while I'm there.

I'm still waiting to see what school Jazzmin is getting into next year. Somehow the application didn't get processed due to the way the private to public school transfer applications were handled. Thank God I had the direct dial and e-mail address of a specific person at the dept. of ed or it'd be a real headache. When I was looking into the prospect of public school I had the hardest time trying to get a live, human being on the phone. So I looked on the internet and found the guy in charge of the dept of ed in the Bronx and e-mailed him. He was prompt about responding and giving me the information I needed. So that's why now I already have a direct contact lined up. So anyway, I have to wait until the end of June and they will then know for sure which school Jazzmin is going to. The good thing is the school I was afraid of her being put into is already full so there is no way she's being placed there. She's definitely going to 1 of the 3 schools that are housed in that one building, which is close to after school.

Next year she's going to have afterschool at her taekwondo school, which is awesome. This way she'll be taking classes 5 days a week and will climb the ranks quickly. It's been hard for her to move up belts by only going once a week. Also she will be able to get out her extra energy - after school she always has extra energy to burn.

I am so happy that I won't have to deal with Holy Rosary anymore. They're a disorganized mess and that is not something I want to pay for. Not to mention the extra time out of my day bringing her to and from school. YEAH! No More Holy Rosary!!
.

No comments: